Family mission trip June 2019
Whether you’re a family of one or a family of 12, plan on participating in the family mission trip with the Appalachian Service Project (ASP) June 15-23, 2019. The youth group will serve a local family in West Virginia. Attend the informational and planning meeting before youth group on Sunday, September 30 from 3:00-4:00 at Emmanuel Episcopal Church (EEC).
- ASP informational meeting before youth group kickoff, Sunday, September 30 from 3:00-4:00 at EEC. Meet youth leaders, sign permission forms, etc. for the new school year afterwards.
- Youth group resumes Sunday, September 30 from 4:00-6:30 at Emmanuel Episcopal Church (EEC). Campfire, dinner & discussion.
- Sunday, October 14 from 4:00-7:00: service project with Habitat then dinner afterwards (bring $5). Meet/pick up at EEC.
- Sunday, October 24 from 4:00-6:30: family Halloween party with food and games. Meet/pick up at EEC.
- Thursday, November 1: ASP deposits are due – $100 per person or $250 per family. People can still join after this date, but we must have a minimum commitment to proceed with the trip.
- Sunday, November 4 from 4:00-6:30: pack Manna Thanksgiving bags & dinner. Meet/pick up at PUMC.
- Sunday, November 18 from 11:30-8:30: laser tag in Alpena & dinner. Meet/pick up at EEC. Cost is $20 per person which includes dinner. Must have a parent sign a Laser Team Challenge waiver before departure (see below).
- Sunday, December 2 from 4:00-6:30: wrapping gifts for St. Nicholas party, movie & dinner. Meet/pick up at EEC.
- Sunday, December 9 5:00: St. Nicholas party for children at EEC. Gifts for children and dinner for everyone.
- Sunday, December 16 from 4:00-6:30: secret Santa gift exchange ($10 limit) and bring 2 dozen homemade cookies to exchange. Dinner plus service project for our congregations – babysitting and gift wrapping. Meet/pick up at PUMC.
Flyers for upcoming events