Our missions focus on two areas – supporting families and feeding people.
- supporting families
- We assist people at the Women’s Resource Center, including our annual adopt-a-family Christmas project.
- Individuals, families, and the youth group all volunteer at Habitat for Humanity.
- We volunteer as mentors in a local elementary school through our Kids Hope program.
- We help families in crisis by hosting their children in volunteers’ homes through the Safe Families program.
- We support our local Justice for Our Neighbors chapter.
- We send care packages to our college-aged young adults at Halloween and St. Valentine’s day.
- feeding people
- Individuals, families, and the youth group all volunteer at Manna by handing out food Tuesday mornings, packing after school backpacks, picking up donated food, etc.
- We have a large vegetable garden which supplies Manna with fresh produce.
- We collect money and food for a special Manna Thanksgiving project.
- We also collect food every month for Manna.
- We host a weekly meal during the school year on Wednesday nights at 6:00 PM.
- We’re starting a new family project – a children’s garden. For more information and to sign up, click here.
- United Methodist Women (UMW)
- The second Sunday of each month is UMCOR Sunday.
We’re returning in June 2020 to serve with our sister church in Cuba. Look for more information in the near future to see how you can support our fundraising efforts.
Our ministry partners at First Presbyterian Church of Petoskey are having a fundraiser to support their ongoing mission in Cuba. The flyer is below.